The Sr. Systems Engineer will be responsible for the design, implementation, troubleshooting and maintenance of a wide variety of Information Technology systems.
- Manage IT infrastructure and any processes related to these systems.
- Provide IT project leadership for Infrastructure and Information Security projects to improve scheduling, execution, and guidance of IT Department objectives.
- Provide technical support including various subject matter expertise for projects, day-to-day operations, monitoring and problem resolution for clients/servers/storage/networking/VoIP and mobile devices, etc. This includes installing, diagnosing, repairing, maintaining, and upgrading all hardware and software to ensure maximum availability as well as optimal systems and infrastructure performance.
- This position will also be responsible for proposing and implementing system and process enhancements that will improve the security, performance, and resilience of IT infrastructure.
As a Senior-level technical resource, off-hours work will be required to work around business schedules or for emergency recovery / problem solving.
- Install, maintain and support WAN and LAN systems including hardware, software, and telecommunications services such as servers, system software, software applications, routers, switches, access-points, VoIP, and proper cable management.
- Maintain network user accounts, user environment, and file system security.
- Provide Level2/Level3 support to end-users. Respond to the needs and questions of network users (from all levels of organization) concerning access to network resources, functionality of systems, and the operation of various software programs (both in house and third-party).
- Assist in the development and management of policies and procedures related to IT infrastructure, including network hardware and software licensing, use, support, security, backup and disaster recovery.
- Communicate standards for use, operations, and above all, security of network, personal computers, and data.
- Communicate with other departments to report and resolve software, hardware, and operations problems.
- Collect and analyze network and server utilization and security.
- Work with Network Service Providers (WAN and Internet) and various hardware/software vendors to manage and troubleshoot server, network or application issues.
- Maintain knowledge of emerging Infrastructure/Systems technologies and trends to identify opportunities for improvement of efficiency and information security.
- Manage daily and yearly infrastructure and information security projects as assigned.
- Contribute to strategic planning for infrastructure and security.
- Provide high quality customer service throughout every interaction, with professional communication skills and writing ability (a significant requirement).